Win The Day!
Getting your day started can be the most difficult thing you encounter in 24 hours. What you do or how you think from the time your eyes open can set the tone for the day. Win your day fast and early and you’ll win the entire day. Here are 5 proven strategies to getting started on fire.
- Hit the ground running. Grovelling in bed, dreading what’s ahead only starts to put negative thoughts in your head. Instead set a plan. Here are three simple steps to hitting the ground running.
A) Set your alarm and phone on the other side of the room. When it goes off and you put two feet on the floor, chalk that up as a win. Don’t go back to bed!
B) Don’t pick up your phone and scour for overnight texts, emails or social media posts. Who cares what others are doing. Only care about what you are doing.
C) Have a big glass of cold water. It will get your system firing and running. Make it even easier by having the glass full and in the fridge the night before. Add a drop of lemon oil to it to kickstart your system.
- Take 10 mindful breaths. Close your eyes and take 10 breaths. Focus only on the breath itself. If you find you are letting outside thoughts in, recognize it and then go back to the breathing. It will get easier.
- Get moving. 15-20 minutes of simple exercise or high intensity exercise gets endorphins flowing. That increased oxygen flow to all of your muscles and organs really set the tone for the day. 360 Stop by Performance 360 for a workout or to have a chat with a trainer about how to increase your fitness. The night before, have your clothes ready. This way you will waste no time trying to decide what to do. Chalk it up to another win in the books!
- Make a recovery shake or a nice high protein breakfast. While doing this, listen to some uplifting music of your choice. If no one is watching, dance while you cook! You’ll continue to burn calories and feel great.
- Shower, get dressed and walk out the door with a smile on your face. No day will be perfect. But with a new attitude and several wins under your belt, no bad day will win.
Bonus tip: Make your bed! Check out this video from William H. McRaven, US Navy Admiral on the power of making your bed!